War3Modding
Hey there! Welcome register/Sign in here!
War3Modding
Hey there! Welcome register/Sign in here!
War3Modding
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new warcraft 3 Modding site.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stygian_Shadow
Jr. Staff Member
Jr. Staff Member
Stygian_Shadow

Warning : model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map Rang5
Level : 1
Power : 1
Int: : 1
HP: : 1
My Pet : model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map Foxxy1

Character sheet
Character Sheet:

model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map Empty
PostSubject: Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map   model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

TOOLS NEEDED:
Magos' Model Editor
World Editor
Knowledge of how to import models into the World Editor (If you don't know how, click here for my tutorial on how to import files into the World Editor)
~500 KB of space in your map
A skin to replace a model (I'll be using the Mercenary.blp from TheHiveWorkshop to replace the Bandit model)

THE BASICS
First, you want to install Magos and open it. You can play around with it a little bit if you havn't used it yet, but when you're ready click "Windows" -> "MPQ Broswer." Open Wc3.mpq or Wc3x.mpq (depending on if your model is originally from RoC or TFT) and find your model in one of the folders. In my case, this was the bandit. Open the .mdx file. It should now sohw up in Magos, maybe a little wierd. Once again go to "Windows" and then "Textures Manager." Right-click and choose import - import your skin file and exit. Once again "Windows" but htis time "Materials Manager." Replace all of the model's skin paths (other then guts) to the custom skin. You can do this by double left-clicking each "Material" in the "Material Manager." Opening it will reveal 1-3 more materials. Each one of these "Layers" needs to be changed to the custom skin (in this case Mercenary.blp.) Do not change the guts/gutz file's skin or your model's bones will look like the model itself. Save the model. Go back to the texture editor and delete the textures other than guts/gutz and the custom skin to reduce filesize a bit.

CONCLUSION
Open the World Editor. Import both the saved model and the skin, but instead of setting the skin to its usual path, set it to the custom model's path (It will say in Magos under any of the Material Layers/Textures what the path is, but it is usually "skinname.blp." Save and close your map. Open it and check to see that the custom model you imported uses the skin (Mercenary.blp in my case) and that the normal model uses its own skin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldofterrosia.ucoz.com
Asip
Pwnator(Leader)
Asip

Warcraft3 Account Name: : Asip
Warning : model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map Rang5
Level : ??Unknown??
Power : 9999999999
Int: : 9999999999
HP: : 9999999999
My Pet : Masters Pet(asips)

Character sheet
Character Sheet: I am the almighty Gamemaster.

model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map   model - Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Niceeeee
Back to top Go down
https://warcraftiii.forumotion.com

Using a Model and It's Skin in the Same Map
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
War3Modding :: Wc3 Modding :: World Editor Help :: Tutorials-
Jump to: